If you’re a true popcorn lover, then you know there are different ways to make it. But, have you ever heard of using a Blackstone Griddle to make popcorn? It might just become your next favorite way to create your favorite snack.
To make popcorn on a griddle, grab your ingredients and tools. Lightly coat kernels with oil, then heat up the grill and put 2-3 tbsp of oil and spread around. Add the kernels and cover with the dome. Move the dome regularly to avoid burning. Once the popping stopped, remove, and season to taste.
If you’ve ever cooked anything outside on the grill, you’ll undoubtedly love using the Blackstone Griddle to make popcorn. So let’s take a look at how you can do it perfectly every time, in just about 15 minutes.
What Is A Blackstone Griddle?
Like any other griddle, the Blackstone models vary with many different styles. There are electric and gas versions available, ranging anywhere from 17 to 36 inches. To make popcorn, you would preferably need one of the bigger designs.
While the type you choose can differ, they all have flat tops comprised of rolled steel (and you probably guessed, they are black). They are flawlessly designed in order to distribute heat evenly on the entire surface area of the griddle. People enjoy using this product for the large surface area, and it also provides an easy cleanup process.
How Do You Get Your Blackstone Griddle Ready To Make Popcorn?
Prepping your Blackstone Griddle is essential to make a perfect batch of popcorn. If you have the larger griddle, it’s 36 inches across and has four burners on it. Turn on two burners, so half of your griddle starts to warm up (you’ll be using the other side once the popcorn has finished popping).
Ideally, you’ll want the temperature around 500 degrees Fahrenheit, so be sure to check the temperature before you begin. Here are the following ingredients and tools needed to make your popcorn:
- A large bowl to place your popcorn in after it’s done popping
- 2/3 cup of popcorn kernels
- Olive oil and butter
- A large metal dome to cover your popcorn (available for sale from Blackstone Products)
- Two flat, metal spatulas
- Popcorn salt
What Are The Steps To Making Popcorn On A Blackstone Griddle?
Once you have half of the griddle ready for popcorn, you can start the process of making your popcorn!
- To start, add some olive oil to your popcorn and stir it around with a spoon. Kernels coated in oil will ensure none of them get burned.
- Next, add 2-3 tablespoons of oil to your griddle and use your metal spatula to smear it around. Don’t be worried if you hear some sizzling sounds of your popcorn. If you do hear this sound, you have done a great job making sure your surface was hot enough.
- The popcorn will need to get smoothed out flat after you’ve put it on the griddle. Next, place your dome over the popcorn and add some more oil around the edges. Important tip: It’s important to continually move your dome in a circular motion on your griddle to prevent any kernels from burning. You might be tempted to peek underneath your dome to check your popcorn, but this can be dangerous as popcorn can fly towards your eyes. You can usually tell it’s done when more than three seconds have passed in between pops. However, patience is needed as it will take 3-4 minutes before the kernels actually start popping.
- After popping has stopped, carefully remove your dome cover and set it aside. Make sure to back up a few inches because there might be several kernels that could still be popping.
- Use your two metal spatulas to transfer the popcorn to the cool side of your Blackstone Griddle. Next, sprinkle your popcorn with salt, add some butter if you wish, and mix your popcorn. The spatulas work well to remove the popcorn from the griddle and place it into your bowl to eat.
Can I Add Seasoning To My Popcorn On The Blackstone Griddle?
One of the best aspects of cooking popcorn on the Blackstone is the recognizable smokiness of every kernel will have. While popcorn itself will taste amazing on its own if made this way, it’s completely fine to experiment with different flavorings.
Do remember that any of these spices or seasonings should be added once your popcorn has finished popping and you’ve transferred it to the cool side of your griddle.
- Cheesy- Grated cheddar cheese and butter
- Italian style- ( dried basil, oregano, and grated parmesan cheese)
- Spicy- ground cayenne pepper, chipotle seasoning, and sea salt
- Sweet and Salty- maple syrup and crumbled pieces of bacon
Where Can I Purchase A Blackstone Griddle?
The maker of this griddle is one of the items that Blackstone Products make. You can purchase them directly on their website. Also, you can find them at other retailers, such as Lowes, Walmart, and Home Deport.
This outdoor cooking item is also available for purchase on Amazon if you want to have it delivered directly to your home. Also, it’s highly recommended to consider purchasing the accessories Blackstone offers to make your popcorn for this recipe.
If you’ve been looking for a way to make popcorn that is different from the usual stovetop or microwave, this could be your answer. The Blackstone Griddle offers another unique method of making delicious and healthy popcorn – one that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
As long as you follow these steps carefully, you can have some of the best-tasting popcorn ever! Just give it a try today and see what all the fuss is about. When are you going to try cooking some on your Blackstone Grill?