One of the easiest and most exciting ways to make popcorn is using an air popper. Many people love using this method because it’s a health-conscious option that doesn’t require added oils.
If you’re looking for a simpler way to enjoy popcorn, an air popper is an excellent choice. You can easily pop popcorn with an air popper in just a few minutes – and it’s much healthier than microwave popcorn. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to pop popcorn with an air popper, and we’ll also share some tips for making the perfect batch of popcorn.
Air poppers are easy to get, affordable, and you’ll love having one around to make your favorite snack. Here’s how to use one to make popcorn.
What Is An Air Popper?
An air popper is a kitchen appliance used to make popcorn. It consists of a chamber in which the corn is placed and a mechanism that propels hot air into the chamber, cooking the corn.
Air poppers are popular because they are simple to use and produce popcorn with minimal oil. They can be found for sale at most department stores or for purchase online. They also come in different sizes and colors.
What Equipment Is Needed To Make Popcorn With An Air Popper?
Making popcorn with an air popper is definitely one of the “minimalist” ways, but that doesn’t mean you’ll sacrifice taste. All you need is the following items:
- Your air popper machine
- Popcorn kernels
- Measuring spoons and a large bowl
- Salt and butter ( these are optional ingredients)
As far as popcorn kernels are concerned, an air popper will pop whichever ones you prefer. However, do remember that yellow corn typically pops a little bit larger than white.
What Is Air Popped Popcorn?
It is possible to make air popped popcorn in the microwave, but it’s much easier with these particular devices. Hot air goes in circulation around the kernels to produce the heat needed to make your popcorn. Once it reaches the desired temperature, the kernels will pop into your holding container.
How Do You Make Popcorn With An Air Popper?
- The first thing you need to do is plug your air popper into a kitchen outlet
- Place a bowl directly underneath this chute to catch the popcorn
- Then, you’ll want to measure out the kernels usually between 1/2-3/4 cups will be enough
- Remove the lid at the top, and slowly pour the kernels onto the top of the air popper and replace the lid
- Now it is time to turn on your air popper
- The kernels will start warming up in the popper and then start popping, they will move through the chute and into the bowl
- Once all your kernels have popped then turn off the popper
- Season to taste and enjoy!
Tip 1: it is important that you don’t look under the shoot while the popcorn is popping so you are not struck in the face with hot kernels or popcorn. Sometimes a kernel can also get blown from the popper and hit the bowl and pop out so make sure you pay attention as watch.
Tip 2: Some air poppers have an area at the top that you can place butter to melt while the kernels are popping. When I add butter to my popcorn I prefer it to be like at the movies when your fingers get greasy so you will have to try out the amount of butter to melt depending how much butter you desire. If you don’t get enough butter on it while cooking int he popper you can heat the butter in the microwave and add it at that point.
What Are Some Good Seasonings For Popcorn Made In An Air Popper?
Plain popcorn made in an air popper is a healthy snack because it has plenty of dietary fiber and has a low calorie count. However, there are some easy ways to take the flavor profile to the next level.
One of the easiest ways to make it burst with taste is by mixing together some melted butter and sprinkling some parmesan cheese and oregano on top. If you like a little bit of heat, you can try some olive oil mixed with chili powder or cayenne pepper.
Finally, we can’t forget a sweet treat. Try adding some brown sugar or sprinkling some nutmeg on the top if you have a sweet tooth.
Related Article: If you are interested in other seasoning ideas, check out the article 11 Simple Ways To Flavor Your Popcorn That Will Be A Hit!
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Air Popper?
If you’re a popcorn enthusiast, then you know there are many different ways to make popcorn. Not only is using an air popper almost fool-proof, but it has some other advantages as well. These include:
- It’s hard to burn the popcorn since it doesn’t contact a heat source after it’s done popping.
- There are no harmful chemicals in the popcorn that is often found in microwavable bags.
- You don’t need to add oil or butter to cook your popcorn, which is an added health benefit.
- Cleanup for air poppers is simple since you don’t need to clean any oil. Instead, simply wipe the top with a wet washcloth and rinse out the plastic guard with warm water.
Air poppers are another great way to make popcorn. They’re readily available and don’t require much work except measuring out your kernels. And if you’re looking for the healthiest way to enjoy popcorn, this might be your answer. So try using an air popper next time you want a bowl of fresh popcorn!