Microwave popcorn is very convenient, but it’s not the healthiest nor cheapest snack around. Popping your own kernels will save you money, plus you don’t need to worry about all those added seasonings. But is the Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper the best you can buy?
The Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper is worth it if you eat a lot of popcorn and are looking for a more eco-friendly and healthy alternative to bags. It’s also cheaper to buy a bag of popcorn kernels and since the popper is made of silicone, it is easy to use, clean, and store.
This silicone popcorn maker is the best of its kind — and the cheapest. It makes rapid, microwaved popcorn and allows for more control over the oils and add-ins. Keep on reading this article to know what is great about the Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper and why it is a good investment. .
Is The Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper Better Than Packaged Popcorn?
The Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper is better than packaged popcorn because it does not need any oil or butter to keep the kernels from sticking. Instead, the silicone allows the popcorn to cook and pop without added calories or fats. It’s also reusable and cheaper than prepackaged popcorn.
Look no further if you’re seeking a healthier alternative to packaged popcorn, as there is no need for oil in the Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper. Not only will you be eating better, but you will also be saving a lot of money by not consuming packaged popcorn. In just 3-4 minutes, this microwaveable popcorn manufacturing bowl will rejuvenate your popping experience and produce amazingly tasty popcorn.
What Are The Pros and Cons?
- There are special handles that enable easy usage. You can eliminate the need for oven mitts by utilizing the popper’s unique handles to remove it from the microwave and toss it easily while seasoning.
- It’s better for the planet. The Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper produces no waste, unlike microwave bursting bags, and helps to keep the environment clean.
- It’s super easy to clean. The silicon utilized is of very high grade, making it very easy to clean. It is a non-porous substance that prevents bacteria and other germs from adhering to it. It’s dishwasher safe and simple to clean.
- Quality manufacturing. This is a BPA-free product with guaranteed quality.
- A clever design with 18 different style options. There’s a collapsible design for storage, and it comes in a variety of colors. Blue, orange, gray, magenta, red, light blue, yellow, green, aqua, purple, white, lime, and pink are just a few colors available.
- Smaller in size. Although the Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper functions excellently, it is relatively small in size.
- It gives off an odor. Chemical odors can sometimes be given off, like with any kitchen appliance, but this should only be mild and not too unpleasant.
How Does the Salbree Popper Work?
Salbree Popper works using the wet method of popping popcorn, which is through oil or water (steam). This method allows for better dispersal of heat, resulting in more equal popping, which is why it’s the most widely used approach.
Popcorn cooks from a combination of heat and moisture. In general, during the cooking process, water changes to steam, and pressure builds. The kernel explodes when the hull can no longer withstand the pressure of the steam.
Popcorn is made from the starch inside the kernel, which transforms into a white fluffy, crunchy substance.
However, some methods of cooking popcorn produce more water than others. The dryer process uses a lot more heat to pop the kernels, such as over a fire or an air popper.
The appropriate amount of water in the kernels will make the popcorn fluffy and light. However, kernels with an excessive amount of water within are thick and sticky. Luckily, the Salbree uses steam for a more natural pop.
The droplet of water changes to steam as heat from the popcorn popper is added to the dried kernels, and pressure builds. The kernel explodes when the hull can no longer withstand the pressure of the steam. Popcorn is made from the starch inside the kernel, which transforms into a white fluffy, crunchy substance.
The wet method and the dry method are the two basic methods for popping popcorn. The dry process uses dry heat to pop the kernels, such as a fire or an air popper.
The appropriate amount of water in the kernels will make them fluffy and light. Kernels with an excessive amount of water within are thick and sticky. Kernels that haven’t been popped have most likely dried out.
How To Use The Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper?
I know that microwave popcorn is pretty easy to use, but don’t worry, this popper is just as simple.
Here’s how to use the Salbree popcorn maker:
- Before adding the popcorn kernels, extend the popcorn popper to its full height.
- You may either measure out your popcorn kernels or utilize the handy lines on the bowl’s bottom. The bottom line represents 1/4 cup or 50 grams of kernels, while the top line represents 1/2 cup or 100 grams of kernels. Oil is always a choice, never a requirement!
- Check the instructions to see how long it needs to be in the microwave. It is usually between three and four minutes.
- Because the popcorn popper may be hot when you take it out of the microwave, two handles on the sides are added for your safety and convenience. When taking the popcorn popper from the microwave, be careful because the handles may be hot.
- Your Salbree popcorn popper compresses for fast and handy storage because space is so valuable. This makes it ideal for student dorm rooms, recreational vehicles, and people who want a bit of additional counter space in their kitchen.
Where Can I Buy The Salbree Popcorn Popper?
Amazon is a great place to shop for products like the Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper. You can compare prices on Amazon to get the best deal. If you are signed up to Amazon Prime, you can get next-day delivery.
It is also available for purchase in certain big box stores, such as Walmart. However, the cost is considerably higher.
Reviews From Amazon’s Top Contributors
“This thing is amazing. If you like popcorn but really don’t want the oil, this is the way to go. No joke—it’s totally worth the money.
This thing is made from silicone, which means it can take the heat but cools down fast. The lid sits inside and cups the popping chamber, and the bottom of the bowl is concave, which keeps the kernels together, so they pop evenly. The result is that I can pop a quarter cup [32 g] of popcorn in under two minutes in this thing without a single un-popped kernel.
The popcorn is nice and fluffy, I don’t need to use oil, and there’s no papery taste like what you get from an air popper. I couldn’t be happier.”
“I was skeptical at first. I figured since the bagged popcorn I have is really old that it wouldn’t pop at all. I decided to give it a whirl anyway, figuring on giving it another chance later, with “new” popcorn.
The same amount of kernels popped as usual. It makes a nice amount of popcorn! Since I like plain popcorn, I haven’t tried any of the recipes for fancy popcorn. At first, I was kind of confused by where the lid sits. Hahaha, I figured it out. And they aren’t kidding when they say to lift the lid so that the steam goes AWAY from you. I did that and was surprised at the amount of steam that came out. This makes really tasty popcorn!”
Is The Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper Expensive?
The Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper is not expensive and costs less than $20 when purchased on Amazon.com. For that money, you’ll get a high-quality product that can be used and reused countless times.
When purchasing any product, one of the most crucial elements to consider is the price. There isn’t a single person who doesn’t desire to buy high-quality goods at a reasonable price.
Luckily, the Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper is both high quality and affordable. Prices range from $15-$30.
You may want to invest in the Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper because it is eco-friendly, healthier and cheaper than packaged popcorn, easy to clean and use, and produces amazingly tasty popcorn.
The Salbree Microwave Popcorn Popper is reliable, its straightforward design gets the job done, and the low price can’t be surpassed. You can compare prices from various sellers on Amazon and choose the most cost-effective one.